Thursday, October 26, 2023

Creator God

 Scripture:

“The Lord made the earth by his power, and he preserves it by his wisdom. With his own understanding he stretched out the heavens.”  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭51‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah was commissioned by the Lord to pronounce terrible disaster on Babylon in this chapter. In the midst of God railing against Babylon, there is a short reprise that gives praise to God. Jeremiah declares that the Lord made the heavens and the earth with His power, wisdom, and understanding. He is the awesome God, to be loved by His people and dreaded by His enemies.

Application:

I recently heard someone giving honor to the Universe for something that happened in their life. I was so bothered by that. Why give honor to the universe when You can have a relationship with the one who created the universe? I don’t understand people and where they get their thoughts. I have a close relationship with the God who can obliterate countries with one breath from His mouth. I serve the God who created everything we see around us and nothing is too difficult for Him. We must realize the awesomeness of the God we serve.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are great and glorious! You are mighty and majestic! You are worthy of all glory and honor. I honor You today. You are my everything! Without You in my life, I am nothing. I submit to You this morning and want to walk in step with You every day of my life. Teach me to follow You well and to understand You more each day. You are incredible!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment