Friday, October 20, 2023

Everlasting Love

 Scripture:

“Long ago the Lord said to Israel: ‘I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.’” Jeremiah 31:3

Observation:

Jeremiah had been prophesying about God’s people being invaded and deported by other countries because of their sin and rebellion to God’s laws. In this passage, he shows God’s heart for His people. He tells them, that He has always loved them with a love that is everlasting. He says He drew them to Himself from the beginning. His place was love unending, their place was rebellion.

Application:

Before the foundations of the world were established, God loved us. His love is everlasting for those who are His. He will never stop loving us. He may need to discipline us, but never out of hatred, out of love. His love never fails, even when we fail. We can rest in God’s unfailing love. He loves us when we mess up and when we don’t. 

Prayer:

Father, Your love is amazing! Thank You for loving me and taking care of me like You do. You are faithful and I can rely on You, trust You, and depend on You. You don’t love me one day and hate me the next. Your love is reliable and trustworthy. Thank You for demonstrating Your love to me by sending Your own Son to die on a cross for me. You are worthy of my greatest love and devotion. Help me to serve You well in my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment