Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Desire of God

 Scripture:

“Perhaps the people of Judah will repent when they hear again all the terrible things I have planned for them. Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings.”” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭36‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah records the thoughts of God in this passage. God says through Jeremiah that perhaps the people of Judah would repent when they hear how terrible it’s going to be, THEN I will be ABLE to FORGIVE them of their sins. God’s desire was that they would hear and repent so He could bless them. God wants to forgive us, but we must be willing to repent when we do wrong.

Application:

God desperately wants to bless our lives and forgive our sins and mess ups, but He works with us through repentance. His desire for us is blessing, blessing, blessing, but He needs us to repent of trusting things other than Him. Our place is repentance and a humble heart before God. His place is to forgive us when we mess up. When the two each do their part of the covenant, it is powerful and God’s will gets accomplished. 

Prayer:

Father, teach me to walk with You. Teach me to know Your voice and to delight in Your ways. Help me to walk humbly before You all the days of my life. When I need to repent, let me do it quickly. When I mess up, let me quickly respond to Your voice. Show me daily how to walk in step with Your Spirit. I submit myself to You.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment