Monday, October 9, 2023

Qualities of a Spiritual Father

 Scripture:

“Teach the older men to exercise self-control, to be worthy of respect, and to live wisely. They must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience.”  ‭‭Titus‬ ‭2‬:‭2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing a letter to Titus here and giving him instructions on what to do and how to do it as a leader in God’s Church. He instructs Titus to teach the older men to exercise self-control, be worthy of respect and to live wisely. He says they must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience. I see a challenge to older men to live lives that are respectful and worthy of respect.

Application:

As I get older and study spiritual fathering, these are things I need to have strongly in my life to father well.As a spiritual father, one must have self-control, wisdom, and life that is respectable. I must have sound faith and be filled with love and patience. I need to exhibit these things to give fatherly advice and wisdom. I need to have these thing before I can give them away. 

Prayer:

Father, let me exude self-control, wisdom, and a life worthy of respect. Let me walk in sound faith and be filled with love and patience. Let these things flow from my life. I don’t want to lead anyone astray, but want to help put men on a solid foundation and show them how to live well. Enable me to raise up strong sons in the faith.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment