Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Accurate Prophecy

 Scripture:

““But how can it be still when the Lord has sent it on a mission? For the city of Ashkelon and the people living along the sea must be destroyed.””  ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭47‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah prophesies here about the city of Ashkelon and the people living along the sea. He says they must be destroyed. This sounds like the headlines from the last three weeks in the Israel/Hamas war. Quite literally, this is going on right now and is in the news every day. We hear the city of Ashkelon in the Gaza Strip next to the Mediterranean Sea. The Prime Minister of Israel has declared that Hamas must be completely destroyed.

Application:

God fulfills every promise He ever makes. Sometimes He does it immediately. Sometimes He predicts things that are generations in the future. If God said it…It will come to pass! We can rest confidently in the prophetic word of the Lord. Countless prophesies have come to pass already and many, many more are yet to come. Our place is the trust the Lord, who has all power in His hands.

Prayer:

Father, I yield my life to You. You are incredible and I love You immensely. You have been good to me for many years and I appreciate You. Help me to trust Your word more and more as I read it in the headlines. Help establish my faith in Your word. Teach me to walk in step with You every day of my life and to speak accurately on Your behalf.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment