Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Justice and Mercy

 Scripture:

“I will come like a lion from the thickets of the Jordan, leaping on the sheep in the pasture. I will chase Edom from its land, and I will appoint the leader of my choice. For who is like me, and who can challenge me? What ruler can oppose my will?”” ‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭49‬:‭19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah in this passage concerning Edom. As He speaks to them, He tells them that He is coming against them and will chase them from Edom like a lion chasing a sheep. He then tells them He will appoint the leader He wants and lets them know that they can’t challenge Him or oppose Him because He is God Almighty.

Application:

Although we don’t like to see God as wiping out populations and taking over governments to make them do His will, we must read the Bible as truth. God is all-powerful and uses governments, leaders, etc. to enforce His will at times. Sometimes we forget that God puts up and God brings down. he is more in control than we give Him credit for. When God decides to execute judgment, look out! Our place is to walk in the fear of the Lord and to walk in obedience to Him at all times. If I err in life, I want it to be on the side of fearing God and living for Him to the best of my ability. 

Prayer:

Father, many don’t like to read about Your judgment on nations and Your justice. Many won’t read thing like we read today because it doesn’t seem to be the actions of a loving God. Show me Your love and justice. Show me your judgment and mercy. Teach me to know You more and more and to please You in all I do. I want to see Your kingdom come and Your will be done on the earth like it is in heaven.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment