Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Who Gets the Credit?

 Scripture:

“Abram answered: The Lord God Most High made the heavens and the earth. And I have promised him that I won't keep anything of yours, not even a sandal strap or a piece of thread. Then you can never say that you are the one who made me rich.” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭14:22-23‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

The King of Sodom offered Abraham land, possession, and anything else he wanted except his family. Abraham’s response shows a reflection of his character. He told the King that he wouldn’t accept even a sandal strap or a piece of thread because he didn’t want the king to be able to say, “I made you rich.”  What he was saying was that God is his source and resource and he wanted everyone to know how he got so blessed. He didn’t want a human king to be able to o take any credit in what the Lord had done.

Application:

If our desire is to truly honor and bless the Lord, then we shouldn’t take credit for what He does in our lives. Like Abraham, we should not want anyone to get the glory except for the Lord. It is He who provides for us, takes care of us, and heals us. He is our rock, our fortress, our deliverer, and our trust must be in Him alone. I want to live a life that blesses God and can’t take the credit for.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are great and awesome in power. You are everything to me. Help me to follow You well and to bring You honor and praise with my life. When it’s all said and done, I want to be able to say, only “only God could have done the things done in that life.” Father, I don’t want anyone to get the credit for what You do in my life. You are incredible and I love You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Mi libertador, abres caminos donde no lo hay en la tormenta me haces descansar adiĆ³s maravilloso te amo

    ReplyDelete