Monday, January 10, 2022

God’s Presence

 Scripture:

“Jacob woke up suddenly and thought, “The Lord is in this place, and I didn't even know it.”” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭28:16‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jacob had just had his proverbial “Jacob’s Ladder” dream. When we woke up, he thought to himself, “The Lord is in this place and I didn’t even know it.” He came to realize that God was Omni-present, everywhere, all the time. He didn’t feel like God was there, but he suddenly realized, God is not only in one location or another. He is as close as the mention of His name.

Application:

Sometimes God is closer than we think. When we look at situations and problems in our lives, we must realize that God hasn’t disappeared, or gone away. Sometimes when we think God it’s far away from us, He is right there. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He allows Himself to feel distant to cause us to seek Him, but really He is as close as the mention of His name. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are everywhere, but You are right here. You are closer to me than it feels like. When it seems You are far away and not answering my prayers, help me to stand strong and know that You haven’t gone anywhere, rather, You want me to seek You more and more. Help me to always be a seeker of Yours. Let me realize that You are with me at all times and never leave me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment