Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ever Ready

 Scripture:

“So, my disciples, always be ready! You don't know the day or the time when all this will happen.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:13‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was telling His disciples about His going away and then returning to get His bride.  He was describing a wedding ceremony where the bridegroom comes at an unexpected time to get his bride. He tells His disciples “Always be ready!” Because you don’t know the day or time this will all happen. 

Application:

Jesus said this over 2000 years ago and today we are seeing the signs all around us. More than ever before, we must “always be ready!” We must learn to live every day like it could be our last. We need to have oil in our lamps and be ready to travel when the King returns to get His bride. I need to live every day like Jesus is coming at any second. I need to make the most of every opportunity.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live in step with You at all times. Teach me to follow You well and to do Your will above all else. Let me live my life “ever ready” to see Your awesome face. I can’t wait for that day, but until then, help me to live with your return in mind. Lately I’ve been looking up more than ever. Show me more of the day and hour we live in. Show me things to come I pray.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment