Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Defined by Where You Settle

 Scripture:

“Magdiel, and Iram. These clans descended from Esau, who was known as Edom, the father of the Edomites. They took their names from the places where they settled.” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭36:43‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

This passage says that the descendants of Esau took their names from the places they settled. The children of Israel always took names that meant something and, generally were prophetic names concerning who they would become. The thing that stood out to me here was that they were named by their surroundings instead of being named by their father. They were named for where they were instead of where they were going.

Application:

You will be defined by what you settle for or allow in your life. Will I be defined by where I have been or where I am in life right now or will I be defined by the prophetic revelation of God’s plan for my life? Will I be defined by what God sees in me or by what those around me see? I don’t want to be known for what I see around me, but by what my Father says about me.

Prayer:

Father, you named me Jeffrey, heavenly peace. Let me be defined by what You have to say about my life and not what others, or circumstances, or achievements, etc. have to say about my life. Help me not to be defined by where I am in life, but by You Lord. Help me not to settle for what others say about me, but to know what You have to say about me. Let my life reflect Your glory.

Yours Forever,

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment