Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Treasures in Heaven

 Scripture:

“Don't store up treasures on earth! Moths and rust can destroy them, and thieves can break in and steal them. Instead, store up your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy them, and thieves cannot break in and steal them.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:19-20‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here in His most well-known teaching called the Sermon on the Mount. He tells the crowd not to store up treasures on earth, but to store up treasure in heaven. Anything down here can be corrupted, get old, and destroyed, but what is in heaven is eternal. Jesus was teaching them that eternal things are more important than temporal things.

Application:

How do we store up treasures in heaven? The only thing that can go to heaven with us is people. The only thing treasured in heaven is people. I need to live every day with eternity on my mind. I don’t want to live with great hopes of what I can have on this earth. My hope is in heaven. In heaven, it won’t matter what we owned here on earth. There’s not going to be a rich section and a poor section. There’s not going to be a higher educated section and a lower education section. If I want to make a difference in heaven, I must be about my Father’s business here on earth. I must live for the extension of His kingdom here and now. This puts my treasure in heaven.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life bring You glory and honor. Help me to live with eternity in mind every day of my life. Enable me to bring more people to heaven when I come. Help me not to get overly obsessed with things here on earth. Help me keep Your perspective on things. I don’t mind having things, but I never wants things to have me. Keep me on the right path.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment