Sunday, January 2, 2022

EVERYTHING

 Scripture:

“Noah did everything God told him to do.” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:22‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Genesis six tells how far man had quickly walked away from God after the fall of man. God couldn’t find anyone righteous in the earth except for Noah. Therefore, God decided to destroy the earth with a flood. He would never send judgment on the righteous so He told Noah to build an ark to save him and his family. In this verse we are told that Noah did EVERYTHING God told him to do.

Application:

How may times have I partially obeyed God? How may times have I heard from God, then amended what he said to me to make it more acceptable to others? How may times have I walked in partial obedience? We need to live in complete obedience to the word of the Lord. He will protect us, shield us, and take good care of us, but we must do our part and obey Him in EVERYTHING. Noah’s list didn’t make sense because it had never rained, but he obeyed completely. I want to obey God completely with my life.

Prayer:

Father, partial obedience is not obedience. Forgive me for the many times I have obeyed the parts I felt good about and did part of what You told me to do. Forgive me for the times when I have edited what You have told me to something more palatable. Help me to obey You completely and in EVERYTHING.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment