Friday, January 21, 2022

Rest

Scripture:

 “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭CEV

Observation‬:

Jesus told those following Him that if they were tired from carrying heavy‬ burdens that they should come to Him and He would give rest. According to this passage, rest isn’t the result of more sleep, but of coming to Christ. When we come to Christ and walk in oneness with Him, there will be rest in our our hearts and the result will be better sleep.

Application:

Rest is a very godly principle that we neglect so often in our modern society. God implemented a Sabbath day of rest and demonstrated it for us in the very creation of the world. If God demonstrated rest to us, we need to follow Him in this area. Learning to rest in a 24/7 information overloaded generation is not easy, but we must continue to pursue this because it is very godly. It is the one “Ten Commandments” that we neglect constantly. God is more interested in our obedience than how much work we do. Obedience sometimes means rest. We must take time out to rest IN Christ instead of just work FOR Him.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to rest well. Help me to implement Sabbath into my life in a better and stronger way. Teach me to use my Sabbath day, not just to sleep, but to enter deeper into my relationship with You and truly rest. I want to live a life that honors You and make decisions that honor You. Help me to realize that rest is as much part of Your agenda as work is.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment