Friday, January 14, 2022

Completely Forgotten

 Scripture:

“but the king's personal servant completely forgot about Joseph.” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭40:23‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Pharaoh’s chief butler and baker were thrown into prison with Joseph, there Jospeh interpreted their dreams accurately. He had one request, don’t forget me when what I said happens. Of course, life always has twists and turns.  The butler completely forgot about Joseph and left him in prison until the king needed a dream interpreted. The king brought Joseph out of prison so he could interpret the dream, and the rest is history.

Application:

Sometimes in life it is easy to feel forgotten. Most people truly have good intentions, but somehow forget the promises they have made. The beauty of God is that He never forgets where we are. He knows every time we are forgotten and doesn’t forget his promises to us. They may not come when we want them to, but His promises will come to pass if we remain faithful. With God, there may be times when we think He has forgotten us, but He hasn’t. 

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to know deep in my spirit that You never forget Your promises. When I feel forgotten or overlooked, help me to know that my hope is not in any person, but in You. You are my rock and my foundation. You are my sword and shield. You are my strength and my deliverer. You never forget. Help me to trust You in that.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment