Thursday, January 6, 2022

Don’t Doubt What God Speaks

 Scripture:

“The Lord asked Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Does she doubt that she can have a child in her old age? I am the Lord! There is nothing too difficult for me. I'll come back next year at the time I promised, and Sarah will already have a son.”” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭18:13-14‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

God had spoken to Abraham and Sarah about her having a child in her old age. The Lord asked Abraham two questions, “Why did Sarah laugh?” And “Does she doubt that she can have a child in her old age?” He responds to His own question by saying, “There is nothing too difficult for me.” God reminded Sarah that nothing was too difficult for Him and that this was nothing to laugh about. 

Application:

Things that seem impossible for us, are never impossible with God. He is all-powerful and we must remember that when He tells us He is going to do something, our place isn’t to laugh, but to believe. Sometimes God knows things that we don’t yet know or understand. He can show us things to come that we think are totally impossible. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above what we can ask, think or imagine. We must never doubt when God speaks, rather, we should say like Mary, “be it unto me according to Your word.”

Prayer:

Father, I want You to speak to my heart. I long to hear Your voice and more clearly. I long to walk with You. When you share things with me, help me to never walk in doubt, but to believe by faith that what You say will come to pass. Teach me to walk in step with you at all times and never to doubt what You are doing. Help me to believe You over the science.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment