Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Famous Last Words

 Scripture:

“they said: Let's build a city with a tower that reaches to the sky! We'll use hard bricks and tar instead of stone and mortar. We'll become famous, and we won't be scattered all over the world.” ‭‭Genesis‬ ‭11:3-4‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

As God was scattering people around the earth, those in Babylon decided they would build a tower that would reach to the sky. In this passage you can see that it was all about them and their pride in what they could do. Four times pronouns like us, we, etc. are used. They were wanting to build and do everything on their own and leave God out of the picture. Their pride was their downfall.

Application:

We, I, mine, ours, etc. are famous last words when dealing with the Almighty God. It is better to say, “If the Lord wills” then to declare what you are going to do.  James 4:15 tells us that we should actually say just that, “If the Lord wills, we will…” Pride is the root of destruction, division, hatred, envy, greed, jealousy, etc. We must never walk in pride about what we are going to do, but rather do what God wants us to do with our lives. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in humility all the days of my life. You are the only one worthy of anything. You deserve the glory and the honor and the praise. Teach me to say, “if the Lord wills” instead of “I’m going to do this or that.” Forgive me to the times I have lived out of my own heart and what I want to do instead of doing Your will for my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

1 comment:

  1. Solo tú Señor Dios todopoderoso mereces toda la gloria y alabanza

    ReplyDelete