Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Greatest Serve

 Scripture:

“Whoever is the greatest should be the servant of the others.”  ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭23:11‬ ‭CEV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus is speaking here concerning the Pharisees and Sadducees. They loved to be up front receiving the praise of men, but Jesus rebuked them and told them that the greatest among them should be the servant of the others. Greatness is God’s kingdom is not about being served, but about serving others and lifting them.

Application:

Serving others should be the emphasis of a leader’s life. We should be about making the lives of others better and lifting them up. Our life should decrease in importance and others lives should become more important. I need to learn to serve better and lift those around me. I want to be the person who help others become all they can be in God’s kingdom.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and I love You with all my heart. Teach me to serve Your people well. Help me not to see myself as a leader, but as a servant of Yours and Your people’s. Teach me to lead according to Your ways and to serve according to You ways, I want to be a blessing to You and Your Kingdom. Let my life count for eternity.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment