Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Self Glory or God’s Glory?

 Scripture:

“Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.”  ‭‭John‬ ‭8:54‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was being attacked by the Pharisees for his works on the Sabbath and for statements He made about knowing Moses and the Father.  He was telling them that His purpose was not to glorify Himself, but to glorify His Father.  Jesus didn’t do the works He did to get recognition or praise, He did what He did because the Father told Him to and to bring glory to the Father by being obedient to Him.

Application:

When we walk in obedience, we are honoring God and glorifying Him.  When we do things our own way, we are glorifying ourselves and the works of our hands.  God wants us to depend on Him and bring Him glory.  Then He will raise us up.  Our place is to submit to Him in every area and to do things His way.  In this He is glorified.  We must make sure we stay away from self-glory and make our lives about God’s glory.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life bring You glory.  Help me not to seek the applause and attention of men, but the approval of God.  Help me to walk out Your will on the earth.  Let my life bring You glory and praise.  Help me to live a life of obedience in every situation.  Speak to me and help me to follow You completely.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment