Saturday, March 13, 2021

Even If

 Scripture:

“‘Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything of my own accord, good or bad, to go beyond the command of the Lord —and I must say only what the Lord says’?” Numbers‬ ‭24:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Balaam told Balak that even if he gave him all the silver and gold in his palace, he could not say anything of his own accord, but only what the Lord wanted him to say.  He could not be bought.  He was determined to say what God was saying, and could not be swayed by bribes or any other thing.

Application:

As a pastor, I am responsible to feed God’s people.  It is my responsibility to speak to them on behalf of God each week and to help them grow in the things of God.  I need to make sure I am speaking what God wants me to speak.  I don’t want to swayed by the opinions of man or who may leave the church because of something I say.  I don’t want to be swayed by big givers, but by a big God.  I want to accurately speak what God wants me to speak.

Prayer:

Father, my words are useless if they are not Your words.  My words have no power unless they are Your words.  I want to speak what You are speaking and do what You are doing.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearly and to communicate it how You want it communicated.  Let me never compromise with the enemy and have false favor.  I want Your blessing on my life above all else.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment