Friday, March 5, 2021

All Nations

 Scripture:

“He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”  ‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:46-47‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus had risen from the dead and had appeared to His disciples.  He was explaining that this is what the prophets had spoken.  He declared, “The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations.”  Jesus was saying, “I did my part, no you must do yours.”  He died and resurrected, now repentance for forgiveness of sins must be preached in all nations.

Application:

Jesus did His part.  He then ascended to heaven and sat down while His Church was to finish His work.  He handed off the baton to us, His body, then sat down.  We must take seriously the fact that repentance for forgiveness of sins must be preached in every nation beginning at Jerusalem.  I feel stronger than ever in my life, that I must declare the Good News of Christ’s death and resurrection and the forgiveness of sins in every nation, every people group, and every region of the globe.  I must give myself to this end, no matter what the cost.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, empower me to help get repentance and forgiveness of sins preached in all the world.  Give me the resources needed to get the Gospel everywhere.  Thank You for missionaries who are going.  Thanks You for enabling us to do what You call us to do.  As for me, let me do everything You give me to do in the furtherance and extension of Your kingdom.  Put the resources in my hands and I will build Your kingdom and preach repentance and forgiveness in every nation You open to me.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment