Saturday, March 27, 2021

God’s Contract

 Scripture:

“See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.” ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭30:15-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The people of Israel are ready to enter the Promised Land.  Moses is not going to be able to enter an dis giving his last words to them before he will die.  He speaks to them about life, prosperity, death and destruction.  He tells them that if they will follow God’s laws and ways, they will have life and prosperity, but if they don’t, they will be under a curse.  God made a strong contract with Israel - if they follow Him, they will be blessed, if they don’t, they will be cursed.

Application:

God sets life and prosperity and blessing in front of us and wants us to choose this over the simple pleasures of sin and disobedience.  He wants to bless us!  It is His desire to see His children blessed and prosperous.  Our job is to live up to our end of the contract, then He will take care of His end.  God leaves it up to us.  We make the choice whether to live in the blessings of obedience or the curses of disobedience.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live in your blessings and prosperity.  I choose life!  I want to live according to Your ways and not the ways of this world.  Help me to listen to Your voice and walk according to how You want me to live.  Empower me to serve You well in my generation.  I want to live a life that You will bless and not do my own thing.  I am Yours,

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment