Monday, March 8, 2021

He Heard the Voice

 Scripture:

“When Moses entered the tent of meeting to speak with the Lord, he heard the voice speaking to him from between the two cherubim above the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant law. In this way the Lord spoke to him.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭7:89‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Moses had a set pattern for meeting and speaking with the Lord.  He would go into the “tent of meeting” and speak with the Lord.  It says he “heard the voice speaking to him from between the two cherubim.”  He clearly heard the voice of God and was able to communicate exactly what the Lord was saying to His people Israel.

Application:

Throughout all of my days with the Lord I have longed for a relationship with God like this.  I long to hear His voice clearly and to do what He says.  I often complain to Him and say, “If I only knew exactly what You wanted, there would be no question about whether I would obey or not.”  My desire is to hear the voice of God clearly and respond without hesitation.  I long for a place I could go like Moses and hear exactly what the Lord wanted for me an the people I serve.

Prayer:

Father, I want to meet with You as Moses did.  You know I will say yes when I hear a clear word from You.  I desire intimacy with You and long to hear Your voice clearly.  I ask You again this morning, open my ears that I might hear Your voice.  Open my heart to respond when I do hear You speak.  Teach me to hear and I will follow.  Speak to me Lord more and more.  Thank You for the times I have had clear words from You, but I want more of that because I want to represent You well in my generation.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment