Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Fight for Others and Receive Your Reward

 Scripture:

“and if all of you who are armed cross over the Jordan before the Lord until he has driven his enemies out before him— then when the land is subdued before the Lord, you may return and be free from your obligation to the Lord and to Israel. And this land will be your possession before the Lord.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭32:21-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The descendants of Rueben, Gad and half the tribe of Manasseh, wanted to settle the land on the East of the Jordan River instead of going in to possess the land God had promised Israel.  They felt it was a good place and they wanted to settle there.  They ended up making a deal with the Lord.  They would go into the Promised Land and fight for their brothers and when the territory was conquered they would come back to their families on the East side of the river.  They would go in, but couldn’t settle until they helped their brothers fight their battles.

Application:

Sometimes our inheritance is tied up in helping others fight their battles.  Some good teachers have said, “What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you.”  Sometimes in life, our greatest breakthroughs come when we are helping those around us find their place.  As we serve others and help them conquer their enemies, God takes care of our desires.

Prayer:

Father, You have worked like this in my life over and over and I appreciate it.  As I help others and counsel them on the things of God, You always take care of my life.  As I step out to help others and extend Your kingdom, please work in my home and my family.  Let each of my family find their place of life and ministry.  Let my family walk in power and freedom and see the day of good things.  Bless my house as I work to help others.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment