Thursday, March 11, 2021

Falling Face Down

 Scripture:

““Get away from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once.” And they fell facedown.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭16:45‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Moses and Aaron did this often when they heard judgment was coming from God.  When Moses and Aaron realized God was about to judge someone, their reaction was to fall face down before the Lord and to intercede on their behalf.  Rather than argue with God in a standing position, they humbled themselves and begged Him not to hurt the people who had rebelled against Him.  

Application:

Our best position when we think God is mad or upset is facedown worship.  God looks for a people who will humble themselves before Him and intercede for others.  We must be ready to humble ourselves and bow in reverence before the Lord rather than arrogantly confront His decisions that we don’t like.  When we operate in humility, we get for done for the Kingdom.  Rather than shout at God when things are not going our way, maybe we need to fall on our faces.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to fall face down before You with my problems and needs.  You are the answer to everything I may go through and I need you in my life.  Help me to walk humbly before You and to look to You, and not myself, to take care of what needs to happen to others.  Let me quickly fall face down instead of arguing with Your decisions.  

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment