Monday, March 15, 2021

Take Oaths Seriously

 Scripture:

“When a man makes a vow to the Lord or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭30:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This scripture clearly tells us that oath, vows and pledges are to be taken very seriously.  We are told here that we must do exactly and precisely what we said we were going to do.  We are to Do everything we said we would do when we have taken an oath.  

Application:

We must be cautious before taking vows, oaths or pledges.  When we say we are going to do something, we must do it!  Jesus said in the New Testament that we are to let our yes and yes and our no be no.  In other words, we must do what we say we are going to do.  Unfulfilled promises, oaths and vows, can hinder our walk with God and we must be cautious.  It is better to make less vows and fulfill them, than to make lots of promises that don’t come to pass.

Prayer:

Father, help me to refrain my tongue from making promises I can’t keep.  Help me to honor You by doing what I say I’m going to do.  Let me be a man of my word.  When I promise something, let me perform it.  Help me not to make false promises, but to think clearly and only promise what I’m able to perform.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment