Thursday, March 4, 2021

Stand up and Lift up

Scripture:

 “When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.””  ‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus described what it would be like in the last days.  He told us that wars and rumors of wars, famine, pestilence, etc. would happen, and that there would be signs in the heavens and on earth.  We have been watching this unfold.  Right now, we should be standing up and lifting up our heads because our redemption is drawing near.  

Application:

Standing up and lifting up our heads simply means to be strong for God to the end and to expect His return, especially as we see these things begin to take place.  I need to stand up and call it like it is.  I need to stand up and declare truth, no matter what happens.  I need to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth while I have time.  At the same time, I need to have my head up, looking for His return.  It is not time to slow down and wait for His return.  It is time to get busy, looking for His return.

Prayer:

Father, I want to stand up and look up at this time.  I know Your coming is soon and things will forever be changed.  I want to be part of the last days move of God in the earth.  Prepare me, cleanse me, get me ready, and let my eyes be looking up.  I want to be one of those are are eagerly waiting for Your return, but I don’t want to be lazy while I wait.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment