Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Humility Always Wins

 Scripture:

““I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.””  ‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus told the story of two men.  One took pride in the fact that he fasted twice a week and was at tither who didn’t do sinful stuff, the other was a sinner who beat his chest and wouldn’t even look up because he didn’t feel worthy and told the Lord he was unworthy and sinful.  Jesus said the ungodly man who was humble before the Lord was justified.  He said those who exalt themselves will be humbled and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Application:

Humility before God always wins.  He would rather pardon a sinner who knows they are a sinner than to lift up someone who thinks they are righteous.  We can never take pride in our accomplishments, but must remain humble, realizing that nothing we accomplish is on our own, but God’s doing.  As we remain humble and give God all the honor, He will raise us up.  Our job is to honor the Lord and not ourselves.  Let Him lift us up.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing!  I am in awe of everything You did in Pakistan last week.  Thank You for allowing me to be part of Your Kingdom and for giving me the honor of going in Your name.  I want to live a life that brings You honor and praise.  Help me to walk in humility and keep my focus right.  I want to extend Your kingdom around the world.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment