Saturday, March 20, 2021

God’s Requirements

 Scripture:

“And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,”. ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭10:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Moses was reminding the people of Israel about the giving of the Law and how God wrote it on tablets, then Moses saw the people worshiping the calf they had created and he threw them on the ground and destroyed them.  Moses went back up the mountain and God re-wrote the commands.  In this passage, Moses is telling the people what God really requires.  What did God ask of the Israelites and what does He ask of us?

Application:

God simply asks us to fear Him, walk in obedience to Him, to love Him, and to serve Him with all our heart, and soul.  In other words, God wants to be the center of our lives.  He wants us to live with Him as the priority of our lives.  When we do this part, God promises to bless our lives and prosper us.  He promises to drive out our enemies.  God has some requirements, but the benefits far outweigh the requirements.  We must see what He requires of us and do it, then the blessings will follow.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to fear You properly.  Teach me to obey You, serve You, And love You with all my heart and soul.  I want to live a life completely yielded to You.  Help me not to allow anything in my life that draws me away from You.  Let me walk closer and closer.  Help me not rely on my past walk, but remain fresh in my relationship with You at all times.  I want to know You more.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment