Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Unwilling

 Scripture:

“But you were unwilling to go up; you rebelled against the command of the Lord your God.”  ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭1:26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This is written just prior to God’s people going into the Promised Land and just before Moses’ death.  Since they had journeyed through the wilderness for forty years, Moses decided to remind them of the story.  He told about sending spies into the Land to inspect it and ten of them came back with a negative report.  He told them, “you were unwilling to go up; you rebelled against the command of the Lord.”

Application:

When God tells you to do something, we are not to consult our friends or even our own thoughts about whether we can do what He is saying.  We are to do what He says, whether we think it is possible or not.  The people of Israel were unwilling, and therefore, they had to wander for forty years.  I don’t want to live a life “unwilling” to do what God is asking of me.  I don’t want to live by excuses, but by obedience.  I want to live a yielded life to God, willing to do whatever He asks.

Prayer:

God, help me not to consult my limited mind when You speak to me.  Help me to live in the land of the willing.  I want to always have a willing heart when You open doors.  Father, these churches around the world that want to be Word of Life, let me know Your will and help me to be willing to do ALL You ask of me.  Help me not to over analyze things but to walk in obedience.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment