Thursday, March 25, 2021

Do What You Say

 Scripture:

“Whatever your lips utter you must be sure to do, because you made your vow freely to the Lord your God with your own mouth.”  ‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭23:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God tells His people that whatever they utter with their mouths, they need to actually do it because a vow has been made to the Lord.  He adds that they made the vow with their own mouth.  In other words, if you say it, you better stand up and do what you said.

Application:

I need to learn not to speak unless I have counted the cost of any vow or promise that I make.  God takes vows and promises very seriously and we should as well.  If we can’t do it, we shouldn’t be uttering it.  I need to develop a habit of following through on the things I say I will do.  I need to improve in this area.

Prayer:

Father, help me to stop promising what I can’t perform.  Help me to stop making vows and promising to do things, then forget about it and not make it happen.  Help me to be a person who fulfills my vows and does what I say I’m going to do.  Teach me to honor the words that come out of my mouth.  

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment