Saturday, March 6, 2021

Unauthorized Fire and No Sons

 Scripture:

“Nadab and Abihu, however, died before the Lord when they made an offering with unauthorized fire before him in the Desert of Sinai. They had no sons, so Eleazar and Ithamar served as priests during the lifetime of their father Aaron.”  ‭‭Numbers‬ ‭3:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Nadab and Abihu were Aaron’s sons.  Aaron’s family were to be the priestly line for all generations to come.  Right at the outset, they blew it by offering unauthorized fire before the Lord.  They stepped out of line with what the Lord had spoken and did what they felt was right instead of what God wanted.  They not only did this, but they didn’t have any sons yet who could take their place, leaving Israel, and God in a mess. 

Application:

When we do what we think is right instead of what God says is right, we cause problems for everyone around us.  It wasn’t wrong for them to offer sacrifice to the Lord, but they didn’t want to do it God’s way and thought their own way would be fine.  We must do God’s work God’s way.  We should also always be raising up spiritual sons and daughters to carry on the work of the ministry.  When we have no descendants, we leave no legacy and our impact dies with us.  I need tO praise up sons and daughters And make sure I’m not offering my own fire, but what the Lord desires.

Prayer:

Father, keep me in line with Your will and Your ways.  Help me never to think I can do things on my own.  Let me be reliant on You at all times.  Show me the best way to raise up sons and daughters who will do Your will in the earth.  Help me to move into a phase of becoming a spiritual father in Your kingdom who knows how to impart to the next generation.  Let me not just live for my generation, but let my life impact history.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment