Thursday, April 1, 2021

Human Praise

 Scripture:

“Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; for they loved human praise more than praise from God.”  ‭‭John‬ ‭12:42-43‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

John is describing the life of the leaders and Pharisees in Jesus’ day.  They believed in Jesus, but would not admit it because they loved human praise more than praise from God.  They were more concerned with what people thought of them than what God thought of them.  

Application:

It is easy to be caught up in pleasing man over pleasing God.  Many times we process things by thinking about what people will think instead of what God will think.  This is natural because man is standing right in front of us physically and we can’t see God, but it is dangerous because we are to live a life submitted to the purposes and plans of God Almighty.  Jesus confronted the Pharisees often because they lived for the applause of man over the approval of God.  We must live our lives to make heaven smile and not to impress others.

Prayer:

Father, help me to keep my perspective right.  I am a people pleaser.  I like to have the approval of man.  Help me to walk out my life in a way that bringsYou praise and honor.  Help me to care less about what people think of me and more about what You think of me.  Let me live a life You can trust and that honors You above any other thing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment