Thursday, April 29, 2021

Take Your Grief to God

 Scripture:

"The people went to Bethel, where they sat before God until evening, raising their voices and weeping bitterly."  Judges 21:2

Observation:

When the people of Israel realized one of their tribes had let them down and not shown up for battle, they were upset because they had made a commitment that whoever didn't show up would be destroyed.  What did they do?  They took their grief to the Lord.  They sat before God, raising their voices and weeping bitterly.  

Application:

There are times in our lives when we need to cry out to the Lord all day long with fasting and weeping.  There is a time when we must seek the Lord in our grief and desperation.  When we have nowhere to turn, we must learn to turn to God, who will turn things around for us.  God will always make a way for those who seek Him and humble themselves before Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to seek You out more and more.  I want to spend more time in Your presence.  When I am overwhelmed, help me to turn to You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  You are my everything!  Let me always trust in You and turn to You for everything in my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment