Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Name Some Places

 Scripture:

"When he finished speaking, he threw away the jawbone; and the place was called Ramath Lehi." Judges 15:17

Observation:

Samson had just been handed over to the Philistines by his own people.  They tied him up and took him to the Philistines to appease them.  Samson broke the ropes like nothing, grabbed the old jawbone of a dead donkey, and killed a thousand men with it.  When he was finished, they named the place "Ramath Lehi", which means, jawbone hill.  They named the place after what God did there.

Application:

I feel the Lord speaking to me today about naming some places according to what He did there or does there in the future.  Naming a place gives honor to what the Lord did there.  I have seen the Lord do so many things in my life, I should name the places as a memorial to what the Lord has done.  I desire to see God move stronger and stronger.  As I see it, I want to name the places accordingly to give the Lord honor for what He did in that place.

Prayer:

Father, help me to find ways to honor what You do in and through my life.  Without You, I can do nothing.  With You...all things are possible!  You are the key.  You are the answer.  You are the source of every good thing in my life and I want to honor You well.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment