Thursday, April 15, 2021

Say the Hard Things

 Scripture:

Acts 8:22 "Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.  For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity."

Observation:

Simon the sorcerer had come to Christ and was baptized.  He saw the Holy Spirit come upon people when Peter laid hands on them.  He asked if he could buy the ability to do the same.  Peter then told him his heart wasn't right with God and that he needed to repent.  He also noted that he was poisoned with bitterness and bound in iniquity.  Not very understanding with a brand new Christian.  Peter said something bold and strong to a new convert, this is something we would try not to do in the church today.

Application:

Sometimes you have to say the hard things.  Peter was actually judging this man's heart, which we teach is not right for anyone to do these days.  Where are the Peters who will confront sin and wrong in people's hearts? Today, we just show as much love as we can and never confront, just hoping the Holy Spirit will deal with them.  Maybe we are to say hard things today and we may have different Kingdom results.  I know I'm guilty of not saying some things that need to be said to people who are going astray.  It's easier for me to be kind and not say anything, but I feel the Spirit leading me to be more bold in confrontation.

Prayer:

Father, help me to say the right things, even when they are hard.  Help me to truly make disciples and not wishy-washy believers who continue to live in sin.  Help me know when to speak and when to be quiet.  Teach me to work closer with You.  I want to be Your mouthpiece, for good and for bad.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment