Friday, April 23, 2021

No Compromise

 Scripture:

"And I have also said, 'I will not drive them out before you; they will become traps for you, and their gods will become snares to you.'"

Observation:

God told the people of Israel He was going to give them the Promised Land, but they needed to kick out the inhabitants.  He would be with them and give them success, but they had to fight.  When they entered the land, they ended up compromising with many of their enemies instead of kicking them out as the Lord told them.  They began to worship the gods of their enemies and God was disturbed.  They would go and do their own things, then come back crying out to the Lord and He would send a judge to rescue them.

Application:

When we get saved, God gives us the ability to kick out every enemy and to live a victorious life.  He wants us to choose Him and His ways instead of playing with the enemy in our lives.  God desires a people who are fully committed to Him and who won't allow compromise with the enemy.  We must drive out anything that is not of God in our lives and serve Him completely with no compromise.  The enemy will wants to snare us, but if we kick out everything not of God, he has no place to work from.

Prayer:

Father, help me to eliminate everything that is not of You.  Help me to please You in everything I do.  I want to finish well and to accomplish everything You want for my life.  Teach me to live boldly for You and to not compromise in any area.

Your Son,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment