Thursday, April 8, 2021

What God Gives, Nobody Can Take

 Scripture:

“The Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid of them; I have given them into your hand. Not one of them will be able to withstand you.””  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭10:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Joshua was taking a lot of territory and defeating king after king.  Five kings came together because of fear of the Israelites and were prepared to join forces and attack Israel.  God spoke to Joshua and told him not to be afraid because they were already given into his hand and none of them would be able to stand against Joshua.  

Application:

I love God’s words here, “I have given them into your hand.”  God calls it done, finished and completed before it every happens.  God speaks it in past tense.  When God gives something into your hands, nobody can take it away.  It is a done deal when God is involved in the process.  I also see here that God gave them into his hand, but he still had to go in and fight against them.  Sometimes God gives us things, but we have to enforce the will of God and not just wait around to see if it will happen.  God considers is done before we even go to battle, but we have a part to play.  I need to be more aggressive about taking the ground the Lord has already prepared for me.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for fighting my battles and defeating my enemies.  Help me to go in an fight the battles Yo have already won for me.  Teach me to walk by faith, knowing that what You have given, I am able to do.  Show me the way forward each day.  There is nothing I want more than simply completing every assignment You give me and extending Your Kingdom in all the earth.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment