Monday, April 12, 2021

Remember What God Has Done

 Scripture:

““The Lord has driven out before you great and powerful nations; to this day no one has been able to withstand you.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭23:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Joshua was near the end of his life and he called Israel together to reaffirm their covenant with the Lord.  He reminded them that they could never follow other gods because it was the LORD who brought them out of Egypt and defeated all their enemies in Canaan.  He reminded them of what God had done for them, giving them strength and confidence to continue.

Application:

Sometimes we need reminders of what the Lord has done for us.  It is easy in life to focus in on the problems that are surrounding us and get overwhelmed.  It times like this, we must look back and remember what the Lord has done for us.  When it’s been a while since I’ve seen a healing, I must remember that God hasn’t changed.  When it’s been a while since a I saw a promise fulfilled, I must look back and remember what the Lord has done for me in the past.  I am amazed when I look back at what the Lord has done in my life.  I need to remember more often when I get discouraged in the present.

Thanks Lord,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment