Monday, April 5, 2021

Steps of Obedience and Faith

 Scripture:

“Tell the priests who carry the ark of the covenant: ‘When you reach the edge of the Jordan’s waters, go and stand in the river.’ ””. ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God told Joshua, Israel’s new leader, that it was time to inherit the land promised to Israel.  Instead of sending 12 spies into the land to check it out, he sent two.  He knew Moses sent 12 and only 2 came back with positive reports.  Joshua only sent two.  They returned with a good report and the Lord told Joshua to prepare to go across the Jordan river.  His instructions for crossing the Jordan wasn’t to build a ferry, but to have the priests carry the ark of the covenant into the water.  When they stood in the water, the river would stop flowing and allow Israel to cross over.  

Application:

God gave Joshua a command to obey that didn’t make sense.  He was to take a step of obedience and a step of faith.  God’s commands generally involve faith and obedience, which go hand in hand.  I want to be a person who lives by faith and obedience.  I want to hear the voice of God clearly and obey fully, knowing God will do what he says he will do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faith and obedience to You at all times in my life.  I want my actions to be Your actions.  I don’t want to do anything out of Your will or of my own mind, but I want to truly be led by Your Spirit.  Teach me to hear Your voice more clearly each day and follow in complete obedience.  Show me every step to take and every door to walk through.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment