Saturday, April 10, 2021

How Long Will You Wait?

 Scripture:

“So Joshua said to the Israelites: “How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, has given you?”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭18:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

After quite a while in the Promised land, there were still seven tribes who still had not taken possession of the territory the Lord had given them.  They were waiting on Joshua to give them the land and were trying to be obedient, but were not moving forward to possess what was theirs.

Application:

Sometimes waiting can be a big problem in my life.  I tend to wait for God to make it super clear before I move on it.  I wait for things around me to be right before I start what I know God has said.  I tend to make excuses for not doing what I know I am suppose to do, but God is saying to me to recently to stop making excuses and begin taking possession of the things He has given to me.  I don’t want to miss God, or His timing, but I also don’t want to miss God because I was waiting for the perfect timing, etc. when He has already spoken.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for making excuses and not going after the things I know You have given me to do.  Help me to move forward and take possession of the things You have prepared for me.  Teach me to follow You and let me inherit everything You want me to inherit because I was diligent to complete my assignments instead of waiting fo Ruth perfect timing.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment