Monday, April 19, 2021

Ready to Die

 Scripture:

“Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.””  ‭‭Acts‬ ‭21:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul was on his way to Jerusalem and many were prophesying that in Jerusalem he would be bound and eventually killed.  They wanted Paul to stay and not go to Jerusalem because the Lord had shown them what would happen.  Pauls’ reply was honest, but powerful. He told them to stop it because they were breaking his heart.  Then he told them he was ready to be bound and to die for the name of Jesus.  In other words, don’t cry for me.  I’m ready for this.

Application:

At times we all have to ask ourselves, “Am I willing to die for Jesus?”  Real commitment to Christ is seen by the answer to that question.  All of the disciples died a martyr’s death.  We should expect no different.  I believe we have wreaked the church by telling them to come to Jesus and all your problem will go away. Following Jesus has a big price tag and we need to be honest about that.  It is a good practice to ask ourselves this question.  I want to say “absolutely”, but you never really know until you are put into the situation.  

Prayer:

Father, I want to say I’m willing to die for You and Your cause in the earth, but I don’t know until I’m in that place.  Help me to be ready at all times to give my life for You.  Christ gave His life for me and my life is not my own, but Christ that lives in me.  I want to serve You well in my generation.  Help me to live a selfless life that is fully and completely surrendered to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment