Tuesday, April 6, 2021

God Promotes

 Scripture:

“That day the Lord exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they stood in awe of him all the days of his life, just as they had stood in awe of Moses.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The day they crossed over the Jordan River, God exalted Joshua in the sight of all the people.  They were accustomed to Moses and following him.  They knew that Moses had done signs and wonders as God’s leader of the people.  When they saw the wonder of the Jordan opening, they knew that God has approved of Joshua’s leadership.  God had promoted Joshua, and the people knew it.

Application:

Promotion doesn’t come from the East or the West.  Promotion comes from the Lord.  It is God who promotes, and He does a really good job of doing it so the people know that was the Lord’s doing and that the next leader is God’s choice.  Joshua had been Moses’ servant for many years before his promotion came.  We must serve well where we are at all times, then God will promote us in His season and for His purposes.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to live a life that is fully submitted to You and Your will.  I want to live a life that brings You honor.  I don’t want to open doors or make things happen in my life.  I want You to guide my steps and I don’t ever want to get ahead of You.  I want Your leadership in my life and I want Your will to be recognizable to all.  Open the right doors at the right time and help me to serve You well where You have me at all times.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment