Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Deception: Inquire of the Lord

 Scripture:

“The Israelites sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the Lord.”  ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭9:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Gibeonites had come to the Israelites to make a treaty.  They told them they were from far away and how they had come a long distance because they heard how powerful Israel was and wanted to make a treaty early, before there was trouble.  Instead of asking the Lord, Joshua and his men made the treaty with them, thinking they were from far away.  The Gibeonites were actually very close and had deceived them. The Israelites leaned on their own thoughts instead of asking the Lord.

Application:

We must be careful to walk continually before the Lord and not being deceived by any tricks or lies of the enemy.  Satan is the father of lies and will make things looks better than they are to attract our attention.  We must not ever make a treat with the enemy.  Therefore, we must be aware of his schemes.  The only way to do this is to stay in constant communion with the Father.  He will show us what to do all along the path of life.  I don’t want to make decisions that seem good to myself and others, but I want to make decisions that are good with God and lead to blessing.

Prayer:

God, help me to never be deceived by what looks attractive or easier than following You.  Help me to walk in step with Your Spirit every day and not turn to the right or the left.  Show me how to live long and finish strong.  Open the doors You want me to walk through and close the ones that are not of You.  Lead me every day.  I want to serve You well.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment