Friday, April 2, 2021

God’s Peace

 Scripture:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”  ‭‭John‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus was getting ready to be crucified and was preparing His disciples for His departure.  He was telling them He was going to send the Holy Spirit to guide them and teach them.  He also told them that He was leaving them His peace and that He was giving it to them.  He told them not to be troubled or afraid because they would have His peace.  

Application:

Peace is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.  It comes from abiding in the vine and letting the vine produce it in us.  Jesus left us his peace and told us not to be troubled or afraid.  There is incredible trouble and fear in the world today.  Only Jesus can bring true peace.  Now is the time when believers should be distinguished from the rest of the world because of our peace.  The world is anything but peaceful right now and it is our turn to walk in God’s peace and let the world see that following Christ frees us from fear.  We need to be walking, living examples of Christ’s peace to the world.

Prayer:

Father, let Your peace fill my life completely.  Let me now be stressed or anxious about anything, but to truly know You and allow Your peace to enter my heart.  Help me to live in peace constantly and to never worry or stress about things.  Jesus, You left me Your peace, help me to live in it daily and constantly.  Fill me with Your peace that the world may see Your goodness.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment