Wednesday, April 14, 2021

All of Them Were Healed

 Scripture:

“Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.”  ‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Acts five speaks of the early church.  Peter and John had just been persecuted for healing a lame man.  The Holy Spirit had been poured out.  They prayed and the place they gathered was shaken.  Here it says that crowds gathered and they brought those who were sick and tormented by devils.  It adds this phrase, “and all of them were healed.”  People brought others to be healed and they were all healed.

Application:

I long for the day when “all of them” get healed in our services.  I believe we can walk today in the same power and grace that the early church walked in and I don’t see a scriptural reason why we should expect any less from our God than what they experienced.  Healing has been an attribute of God since the beginning and has always been part of the Gospel.  I long to see God heal more and more.  I personally believe it confirms the fact that God loves people when He heals them.  

Prayer:

Father, move in Your church once again.  Let Your people see the day when everyone gets healed in our services again.  I long to see You work in this way.  Confirm Your word with signs following.  Let the world see that You are God and there is nobody like You.  Let the church become the place to go an get healed from whatever the enemy has done in lives.  Let Your power flow through Your church again.  I long to see You work in this way.  Use my life to pour through.  Teach me whatever I need to know.  Show me how to walk at this level.  I don’t want anyone to be able to deny the power of my God.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment