Friday, April 9, 2021

Killing Giants in Your Old Age

 Scripture:

“From Hebron Caleb drove out the three Anakites—Sheshai, Ahiman and Talmai, the sons of Anak.”   ‭‭Joshua‬ ‭15:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Caleb was 85 years old and had spent forty years wandering through the wilderness and five years defeating enemies throughout Israel as they established themselves in the Promised Land.  At 85 he told Joshua to give him the land that was promised to him 45 years before.  It had giants in it, but was a good land.  In this passage it simply says he drove out three sons of Anak.  Anak was a giant.  We love to speak of David as a young man killing Goliath, but Caleb did this at 85 years old.  Caleb was a man of faith who knew His God would help him in any battle.

Application:

I want to be slaying giants in my old age.  I don’t want to retire and do nothing the rest of my life.  I want to spend my latter years kicking some giants out of people’s promised lands.  As I grow older, I want to live wiser, yet bolder for God.  I want to finish my years defeating the enemy and teaching others to do so as well.  

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to finish strong in life and ministry.  I want to extend Your Kingdom in greater and greater ways as I age on this earth.  Help me to live a life of faith like Caleb, still killing giants in his old age.  Restore my body and renew my strength so I feel stronger and stronger.  Never let my vision die, but let me keep going after You and Your will until I see you face to face.

Yours,

Jeff

7 comments:

  1. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you, Jeff! Thank you for this Daily Wash. What a great incentive to keep killing giants through our faith in God's Word. Loved getting to know you in Pakistan. My prayers are with you, brother. Joe Knight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joe, Great to hear from you my friend. I really enjoyed our time in Pakistan as well. I'm leaving for Honduras and Guatemala next week.

      Delete