Saturday, April 3, 2021

Eternal Life

 Scripture:

“Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” ‭‭John‬ ‭17:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jesus, in this passage, is praying to be glorified as the Father is glorified.  He prays for eternal life for all who had been entrusted to Him on this earth.  He then gives a simple definition of what eternal life is.  He says that eternal life is knowing God and Jesus Christ who was sent by the Father.  Knowing God is eternal life.  Rather than trying to explain how we will live in heaven forever, Jesus says that knowing God is eternal life.

Application:

When you are connected to the eternal God and He is living through you by His Holy Spirit, you have eternal life inside of you.  We don’t have to wait for eternal life, we have it now.  Christ in us is the hope of glory.  Jesus said out of our belly would flow rivers of living water.  Rivers of life eternal.  We have the source of life living inside of us.  We must realize that eternal life has already started because we know God and know that He sent Christ into the world.  I want to live a life so full of God’s life that I exude LIFE.

Prayer:

Father, I want to have more and more of Your Zoe life flowing in and through me.  Let me live yielded to You in every way.  Let Your eternal life flow inside of me and out to as many people as possible.  Let Your river of life flow through me.  I am Yours!  I want more of You in me.  Let Your life so fill me that death, sickness and decay flee from my life.  

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment