Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Finish What Jesus Began

 Scripture:

“In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach”. ‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

As Luke is starting the book of Acts, the history of the early church, he tells Theophilus that he wrote previously about everything Jesus BEGAN to do and to teach.  The book of Luke ends with Jesus going up in the ascension.  If the book of Luke was just about what Jesus BEGAN to do and to teach, it means that He is still doing and teaching.

Application:

Jesus is still doing things and He is still teaching.  His death, burial, resurrection  and ascension tells me He is now working in and through His Church.  What He is doing on the earth today, He is doing through those who believe.  Jesus is still turning the world upside down, He is just doing it through His people.  I long for Jesus to do and to teach through my life.  I want to represent Him well and I want His Spirit to flow through my life without measure.  If Jesus is still working, let Him work through me.

Prayer:

Jesus, I want to be on Your mission on the earth.  I want You to continue Your work and teaching on earth through my life.  Help me to be part of the team that finishes Your work on earth.  I long to see your works in greater measure in these Last Days.  Teach me to make the most of time and to use my time well on earth.  I want to help finish what You started.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment