Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Scroll of Remembrance

 Scripture:

“Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and always thought about the honor of his name.”  ‭Malachi‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Malachi here tells of those who feared the Lord speaking together and God listened to what they said.  He goes on to say that there was a scroll of remembrance on which the names of those who feared the Lord and honored His name were recorded.  What we speak in private, God records in heaven.  if it is honoring to the Lord, our name gets recorded.

Application:

I want my name to be known in two places.  I want my name known in heaven and I want my name known in hell.  I want my name recorded in heaven because I have feared and honored the Lord above anyone and anything else.  I want my name recorded in hell because I have done everything I can to plunder hell and populate heaven.  I want to speak what honors the Lord.  I want my mouth to always speak what is uplifting to the Lord and His name.

Prayer:

Father, help me to fear and honor You above any person.  Help me to hear Your voice clearly who I can walk straight before You.  Teach me Your ways and show me how to respond and react in every situation.  Let my life bring You glory and record my name in heaven as one who honors and fears You above anything else.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment