Tuesday, December 29, 2020

A Cleansing Fountain

 Scripture:

““On that day a fountain will be opened for the dynasty of David and for the people of Jerusalem, a fountain to cleanse them from all their sins and impurity.”  ‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭13:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zechariah tells us of a day when a fountain will be opened for David’s lineage.  It would be a fountain to cleanse them from all their sins and impurity.  When Jesus came to this earth as a descendent of David, He opened up a fountain that cleanses from all sin and impurity.  His blood is that cleansing fountain that never stops flowing.

Application:

The blood of Jesus cleanses from all sin and it is a continual fountain that never stops.  In other words, his blood is not for one time in our lives, but never stops cleansing us.  When we are in Him, we are purified continually.  Sin has no power over the child of God.  Sometimes it is easy to step into guilt and condemnation for not being a good enough Christian, not praying enough, not doing enough.  There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus because there is a cleansing fountain that continually cleanses us.  We just need to realize that and walk in it.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see myself as You see me.  Help me to never stop coming to the fountain of life and forgiveness.  Let guilt and condemnation leave my life and let the blood of Christ continually cleanse me from anything that would try to condemn me.  Help me to live a life that pleases You in every way.  Let my 2021 be a year to walk with you at new levels.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment